What to eat with salsa besides chips?
Salsa is delicious with chips, but have you ever thought about what else you can eat with salsa? The best answer is baked potato.
Eating baked potato with salsa is the perfect combination for a healthy snack or meal. You get all the benefits of eating potatoes, and at the same time, you are getting some extra vitamins and minerals from the salsa.
So if you want to know more about this recipe, keep reading!
Homemade salsa with baked potato ingredients
- One small baking potato
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- One teaspoon of pepper
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1-2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the potato in half lengthwise. Remove the skin and place cut side down on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until tender, about 30 minutes.
- While the potato bakes, combine the olive oil, one teaspoon of black pepper, and one tablespoon of salt in a bowl. Pour over the potato halves and toss well.
- Return to the cookie sheet and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top each potato half with two tablespoons of salsa. Return to the oven and cook an additional 5 minutes or until warmed.
- Serve hot.
Get rid of the chips: Use salsa as an ingredient.
You can use any salsa that you like. Just make sure that it has no added sugar or preservatives.
The basic salsa recipe above is great for when you need a quick snack or appetizer. But it’s also excellent as part of your dinner.
If you don’t feel like making your salsa, you can always buy store-bought salsa. It will be much easier than trying to create your own.
A homemade or store-bought salsa will taste better than anything you could find in a chip shop.
Canned salsa recipe
This canned salsa for dinner is a perfect recipe to try out if you’re short on time.
It takes less than 15 minutes to prepare, and it tastes even better than the new version.
- One can diced tomatoes.
- 1/2 red onion
- Three garlic cloves
- One jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- One lime juice
- Salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Skinless chicken breast with Mexican salsa
This recipe prepare by my husband, who loves spicy foods. He prefers his meals to be a little bit spicier than I do.
But he doesn’t mind having a few bites of spice here and there. This recipe is ideal for him because it contains only mild spices.
I love how versatile this dish is. It works perfectly as a main course or as an appetizer.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Chili peppers
- Habanero peppers
- 2 -3 jalapeno peppers
- Heat grill pan or skillet over medium heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Grill until cooked through, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Place chicken on serving plate. Top with salsa and sour cream.
- Add chili and habanero peppers to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Fruit-based salsa with fresh tomatoes recipe
This salsa recipe with fresh pieces of tomatoes is a delicious way to get more fruit into your diet.
It’s easy to make, and it’s healthy too!
- Six large ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup minced cilantro
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- One clove garlic
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add tomatoes and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and drain.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Drain tomatoes again and add to the mixture. Stir well.
- Serve chilled.
Cilantro-heavy salsa with shredded meat recipe
The cilantro-heavy salsa with shredded meat is another excellent option for those who prefer their dishes to have a lot of flavors.
It’ll leave you feeling satisfied without being overly heavy.
- 2 lbs shredded meat
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- One small yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- One clove garlic, minced
- One teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook meat according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot, saute onion in hot oil until tender.
- Stir in garlic and cook one minute longer.
- Add water, tomato paste, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Cook over high heat for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in meat and cilantro. Cover and let stand 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Fresh salsas with chicken thighs recipe
This salsa recipe with chicken thighs is perfect if you want something to satisfy your hunger but won’t fill you up.
It has just enough flavor to keep you coming back for seconds.
- 1 pound bone-in chicken thighs
- One tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- Two tablespoons diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup coarsely grated carrot
- 1/4 cup seeded and diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rub both sides of each thigh with olive oil.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss gently.
- Serve at room temperature.
Cooking with salsa is a fun and versatile way to spice up your meals. You can use any salsa you like, whether it be sweet, spicy, or savory.
Try out these recipes and see which ones you enjoy most. And don’t forget to share your favorite salsa recipes with us.
We love hearing what people are cooking!