Cheesy and healthy? Who could have thought that the combination of broccoli cheddar soup could be a power couple? Broccoli cheese soup is one of the best comfort foods out there, but after eating it repeatedly for weeks, it’ll start to get old.
Give this fail-proof soup recipe a try because it will just take half an hour! Don’t miss these delicious side dishes to pair with your broccoli cheese soup such as Irish potato pancake, grilled cheese sandwiches, for appetizers; grilled salmon, roasted beet salad with feta and walnuts for salad; lean steak and shrimp scampi for the main dish; and finally Fluffy cake, chocolate ice cream for dessert. Read on for more ideas!
Don’t get drowned with this information. This mix and match of the 5-meal course will take your meal up a notch without overpowering the soup and will lessen the hustle of cooking for you!
What to eat with cheddar broccoli soup? (The 5 Meal Course Mix and Match)
You need a well-balanced meal and a healthier option to make the most out of your cheesy soup. A healthy meal has a balance of protein, carbohydrates, and fat. This will keep you energized and satisfied throughout the day. This five-course meal mix and match is a creative way to make your broccoli cheddar soup more interesting.
What is broccoli cheddar soup?
Broccoli cheddar soup is an American classic loved by people of all ages. It is a hearty, creamy soup that will leave you wanting more. It’s easy to make and can serve as a main or side dish. The vegan and gluten-free recipe, but feel free to add meat if you prefer.
The Benefits of the Broccoli Cheddar Soup Diet
Soup is a great way to get all the nutrients you need; many of them are found in broccoli cheddar soup. It has low in calories, high in nutrients, and helps you feel full for longer. Soup can also help with weight loss. You can eat as much soup as you want without worrying about overeating because it’s filling which is an excellent option.
Quick and Easy Brocolli Cheddar Soup Recipe
Broccoli cheddar soup is a vegan and gluten-free soup full of flavor. This broccoli cheese soup recipe features broccoli, cheddar cheese slices, a cup of carrots, garlic powder (garlicky flavor), onions, and celery. Here is the quick and easy recipe.
1. To make this soup, you will need to cook the vegetables in a pot with water until they are soft. 2. Then add the vegetable broth and vegetable bouillon cubes before adding the milk or heavy cream (creamy texture), salt, black pepper, and flour to thin it out.
3. Once the flour has been mixed in well, add your broccoli florets and your cheddar cheese with 10 minutes of cooking time on low heat until the cheese melts into the liquid.
4. Then your soup is now ready to serve!
Now that you are set, here is a 5 meal course with more than 5 all-time favorite side dishes that will complement the creamy cheese of your broccoli cheddar soup.
Broccoli cheddar soup is a great dish to have on a cold day. It’s also a comfort food that can be enjoyed by both adults and children alike. In addition, some finger foods go well with broccoli cheddar soup: Grilled Kielbasa, Crispy Roasted Rosemary Potatoes, sweet potatoes, Apple and Swiss Panini, potato puffs, potato chips, Fried Onion Rings, and Baked Potato Wedges.
The best appetizer to eat with broccoli cheddar soup is a grilled cheese sandwich. You can eat anything with this soup, but here are some ideas: basic garlic bread hot dogs, Irish potato pancake, grilled cheese sandwiches, potato wedges, cheese mashed potato bread, Reuben sandwiches, tortilla wrapped sandwiches, homemade garlic breadsticks, and as simple as bread with garlic butter can work.
A few ideas for a salad that would go well with broccoli cheddar soup are citrus salad with grilled salmon, roasted beet salad with feta and walnuts, watermelon, tomato, and mozzarella salad. Other options include Honeycrisp apple salad, crispy kale and handfuls of baby carrots, or simple lettuce wrap.
The main course is the most important part of any meal. Some good protein-based dishes are grilled chicken breast, grilled salmon, lean steak, and shrimp scampi. Some good grain dishes are rice pilaf, whole wheat pasta with tomato sauce, cauliflower rice, and whole wheat bread with avocado spread.
Many desserts can be eaten with broccoli cheddar soup. One option is to have a slice of apple pie, which is rich in sugar and cinnamon. Another option is to have a slice of chocolate cake rich in cocoa and chocolate chips. More options can be mango sorbet. Fluffy cake, chocolate ice cream, and apple crumble.
Above all the said information, add the below to be fully equipped in starting your broccoli cheese soup journey!
- Ingredients high in fat, sugar, or salt can make the soup taste too heavy.
- The best foods to eat with this soup recipe are vegetables like carrots and celery. These vegetables can be eaten raw or cooked, providing a light texture to the soup.
- Some of the worst foods to eat with this soup recipe are meats like bacon. Meats should be avoided because they make the soup taste too heavy and greasy.
- The worst foods to eat with this soup recipe are dairy products, which can cause digestive issues.
- The best foods to eat with this soup recipe are vegetables, which provide a healthy balance of nutrients.
- This recipe can be adjusted according to your taste. For example, you can change the vegetables or add spices like thyme or paprika for an extra savory flavor.
- You can substitute the chicken broth for vegetable broth if you want it vegetarian-friendly or use evaporated milk instead of cream if you wish to make it vegan-friendly.
The broccoli cheddar soup recipe is a great way to use leftover vegetables and is a perfect meal for cold winter days. It is easy to make, and the ingredients are cheap but also healthy. Let us know if this soup serves well on your next meal or dinner time!