What to eat with filet mignon?
Filet mignon is delicious when paired with a side salad, steamed broccoli, or baked potato.
The best way to prepare filet mignon is to cook it rare, which means cooking it until just done. If cooked well, filet mignon has a rich flavor and tender texture.
Filet mignon is a marbled steak with fresh ingredient flavors served as an appetizer, entrée, or main course.
It’s easy to make filet mignon at home because you can use your oven for the perfect temperature of doneness.
A good quality red wine should accompany every dish with steak.
Best side dishes with steak
A steak and a duchess potato is a common pairing. The mashed potatoes are creamy and buttery, while the steak is juicy and flavorful.
The potato mixture or the potato skins can make your meal extra special.
- Garnish potatoes
Two pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes. A perfect side dish for steak.
- Baked potatoes
Top the steak with sour cream and chives. Bake the potatoes in the oven for about
- Pan-seared baby potatoes
This potato recipe is great for any occasion. It’s simple to make and tastes amazing.
Steak and mushrooms
Sautéed mushrooms in a pan with olive oil and garlic and top the steak with them.
This recipe is for a delicious steak dinner, one package of frozen chopped spinach according to directions.
Drain off excess water and add 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream and 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese.
Stir until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Cut up carrots, sweet peppers, onions, and zucchini into bite-size pieces.
Roast them on a baking sheet for 10 minutes at 400 degrees F. Serve alongside the steak.
- Creamed spinach
Creamed spinach with extra-large steaks and a pinch of salt is a classic combination. The spinach can add some extra flavor to the meat.
- Green onion
Green onions with anchovy fillets in a mignon plate are a nice addition to this dish.
This type of meal is for a romantic date night.
- Yellow onion
A couple of tablespoons of yellow onions is a plate variety of steakhouse classics.
- Cherry tomatoes
Cherry tomatoes with ground black pepper on a steak plate is a refreshing option.
- ripe beefsteak tomatoes
A ripe beefsteak and a head of iceberg lettuce with ranch dressing make a quick and healthy meal.
It is a popular choice for a family dinner.
- Fresh thyme leaves or green leaves
Adding some leaf ingredients to your filet mignon steak will give it a unique flavor.
Add fresh herbs like thyme, parsley, sage, rosemary, basil, oregano, or cilantro.
The herbed butter is a special side dish for filet mignon. It is a simple preparation that takes only five minutes.
- Creamy butter
A creamy butter on a petite filet mignon makes a wonderful presentation.
You can also top the steak with a little bit of crumbled bacon.
Cheeses on your steak plate are always a welcome addition. Try adding blue cheese, goat cheese, or feta cheese.
- Blue cheese
Blue cheese dressing is an excellent accompaniment to a steak. You can serve it over salad greens or as a dip.
- Grated parmesan cheese
It is an amazing steak side dish. Grate some parmesan cheese and sprinkle it over the steak.
If you want dessert after a big meal, try a slice of chocolate cake or a warm apple pie.
- Chocolate cake
Make a layer of chocolate cake on the bottom of a plate. Then place a piece of grilled steak on top of it.
- Apple pie
A slice of apple pie is a perfect dessert after a steak dinner. It is a good idea if you have guests coming over.
Salads are always a favorite way to eat a steak. A popular salad includes romaine lettuce, tomato slices, red onion, and shredded carrot.
It is a very easy recipe for a quick dinner.
- Acidic salad dressing
To make the salad more interesting, use a different dressing than you usually use.
Try using a citrus-based dressing instead of a vinegar-based dressing.
Serve the salad with a glass of white wine.
- Wedge salad
Wedge salad with cloves of garlic minced on top of a wedge of lemon is delicious.
- Caesar salad caesar
Caesar salad with shrimp is another great option.
- Classic steakhouse salad
The steakhouse salad is a traditional recipe. It has romaine lettuce, sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, hard-boiled eggs, and bacon bits.
It is served best with a bottle of chilled champagne.
- Cucumber tomato salad
A healthy salad with cucumber, tomato, and bell peppers is tasty.
- Pineapple chicken salad
Chicken salad with pineapple is a classic combination.
- Grilled chicken salad
Grilled chicken salad with avocado is a great way to enjoy a grilled chicken breast.
Glass of wine
A flavorful wine with filet mignon is a great complement. Choose a dry red wine such as pinot noir or merlot.
- White wine
A light white wine goes well with a juicy steak.
- Pink Moscato
Moscato is a sweet Italian sparkling wine. Pink Moscato is a nice alternative to champagne.
- Crimson red wine
Red wines go well with beef. Try a rich Bordeaux or Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Wine vinegar
Vinegar is a great condiment for steaks. Use balsamic vinegar for a tangy flavor.
Grilled side dishes to serve with your filet mignon
Grilled side dishes are a great choice when serving filet mignon because they are easy to prepare.
The grilled time must only last 15-22 minutes to make a perfect side dish.
- Grill corn
Corn on the cob is a delicious side dish. Grill fresh corn until tender, then cut off the kernels.
- Grilled zucchini
Zucchini is a vegetable that cooks quickly. Cut into half-inch pieces grill them until they’re just tender.
- Grilled eggplant
Eggplants are vegetables that cook fast—often used in stir-fries. Slice them lengthwise, brush with olive oil, and grill them until slightly charred.
- Grilled baked potato
You can grill a baked potato for 4-5 minutes before adding butter and cheese. It is a delicious side dish with steak.
- Grilled tomato halves
This side dish recipe can be ready to serve for only 2-3 minutes of grill time.
- Vegetable kebabs
The vegetable kebabs with bell pepper is a simple yet delicious side dish.
- Grilled asparagus
The grilled asparagus is a great side dish. Grill asparagus for 5 -8 minutes only.
Here are some additional tips to help you get the most out of your grills:
- Keep food away from direct heat sources.
- Put hot coals at one end of the grill.
- Use an offset spatula to turn meat evenly.
- Use a thermometer to check the internal temperature.
- To prevent flare-ups, keep the lid closed while cooking.
- Cooking times vary depending on how thick the steak is. The thicker it is, the longer it takes to reach the desired doneness.
- Cooking temperatures also vary depending on what kind of grill you have. Some gas grills use lower temperatures than charcoal grills.
Filet mignon recipes
A filet mignon recipe is a great way to impress your guests at dinner parties. The best part about filet mignons is they are easy to prepare and delicious.
- 1 pound (500 grams) filet mignon, trimmed of all visible fat
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Garlic cloves
- To make the perfect filet mignon, start by cutting off the fat from the steak. Then season the meat with salt and pepper.
- Next, place the steaks into a pan and sear them for 8-14 minutes per side. After the steaks, chop well, remove them from the pan and let them rest for 6-7 minutes.
- When the steaks have rested, slice them thinly against the grain.
- Serve the sliced steaks on top of a bed of mashed potatoes.
Steakhouse classic with a layer of potato recipe
This steakhouse classic is made with beef tenderloin and topped with a layer of mashed potatoes.
The potatoes until they are crispy and golden brown, then sprinkled with cheese and baked for another 5-6 minutes.
- 4 boneless beef tenderloins (about 1½ pounds/700 grams), trimmed of all visible fat and sinew
- ¼ cup (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper.
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- Season the tenderloins with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oven to 450°F (230°C). Place a wire rack over a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches if necessary, add the tenderloins and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until well browned.
- Transfer the tenderloins to the prepared rack and roast for 10 to 12 minutes or until the center reaches 125°F (50°C).
- Remove from the oven and allow to stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Add the vegetables and toss to coat.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover them with water. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until the potatoes are very soft. Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot.
- Mash them with a fork. Season with additional salt and pepper as needed.
- Top each serving of steak with some of the mashed potatoes.
- Serve immediately.
How to cook beef tenderloin?
Beef tenderloin is a versatile meal. You can cook it in many different ways. It’s a versatile piece of meat that works well when grilled, roasted, sauteed, or even stir-fried.
Cooking beef tenderloin
The beef tenderloin should be rare to medium-rare. It will ensure it remains moist and juicy while still retaining its flavor.
To cook beef tenderloin, first, pat dry with paper towels.
Then rub the surface with vegetable oil.
Season the tenderloin with salt and pepper. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Heat an outdoor grill or indoor stovetop grill pan over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes.
Grill the tenderloin for about 2 minutes per side for rare, 3 minutes per side for medium, or 4 minutes per side for medium-well.
Let the beef rest for 5 minutes before carving.
The final verdict
Steak is a great entertainment choice because it’s easy to prepare and looks impressive. But you don’t always want to serve your guests a big slab of meat.
That’s why we created this filet mignon recipe — it lets you enjoy the best part of beef without having to worry about how much you’ll eat!
It is one of our favorite recipes for a special occasion dinner party.
It’s simple, delicious, and perfect for any season.
And it’s sure to impress your friends and family.