There is nothing wrong with your recipe, so stop impulsively looking for an ingredient that does not exist. However, you might still continuously ask what you should eat with your French Onion Soup? We’ve got your back!
The most popular side dishes are Grilled Chicken Pesto Panini, Strawberry Salad, Sweet Potato, Roasted vegetable salad, Sirloin steak or Nice Flank steak, Dark Chocolate Desserts, and Feta salad, with a twist of Bourbon Cocktails that will complete your classic taste of a multi-course meal!
Read more and obtain new ideas so your French Onion Soup will never get old!
What To Eat With French Onion Soup: 10 Satisfying Dish
French onion is a classic French soup known for its rich, creamy broth and sweet caramelized onions. This bowl of soup contains broth, onions, butter, salt, and black pepper. You may also opt to add a splash of sherry or red wine to your brothy soup, which adds another dimension of flavor to this dish. How classy is that?
Does French Onion Soup Contain Healthy Ingredients?
The health benefits of delicious soup aside from being a hearty meal include:
1. Its ability to fight against cancer cells and reduce inflammation in the body while also boosting immunity by increasing levels of vitamin C.
2. Rich in nutrients such as vitamin A, it is low in calories per serving (about 120).
3. It can help with weight loss because it takes a long time to eat, so your stomach will feel full for more extended periods than usual.
4. It aids digestion because onions are natural detoxifiers and they also have anti-inflammatory properties.
French Onion Soup Recipes for Every Occasion
French onion soup recipes vary depending on their region, but they all have one thing in common – they contain onions. This soup has many variations, but this article will focus on the most common types of French onion soup.
- The first type of French onion soup is regular French onion soup. This recipe usually includes onions, butter, flour, salt, pepper, and beef broth (or any other kind of meaty soup for added umami flavor).
- The second type is the french onion soup wine paring, we will discuss red wine in french onion soup. This version usually includes onions, butter, flour, and red wine (for added bold flavor) with beef broth or any other kind.
- The third recipe for french onion soup that we will look at today is the cream-based version which usually has heavy cream, garlic (garlic flavor), butter, flour, and broth.
With the suitable variation and the side dishes available, this recipe will never get old on different occasions!
Soup Pairings for On The Go Meal
A good food pairing for French onion soup is a grilled cheese sandwich. The richness of the soup will make it taste even better with just any kind of cheese. The best french onion soup sides are usually the ones that are not greasy or too heavy, shooting a mild flavor instead of too intense flavors. These include salad recipes, sandwiches, and soups of the same flavor profile as french onion soup.
Other side dishes that can make a perfect combination include:
Grilled Chicken Pesto Panini with cheesy herbs, Homemade French Bread, Crunchy bread, Sweet Potato, Crispy garlic bread, scalloped potatoes, or BLT Sandwich.
Arugula Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette, Roasted Veggies with Mushrooms with light dressings, Fruit salads, Feta salad with lemon balsamic dressing, Strawberry Salad with herby garlic dressing, Oriental chicken salad, Roasted vegetable salad, or Arugula Salad with Steak & Balsamic Vinaigrette.
3. Main Dish
Garlic Butter Baked Salmon with fresh herbs, Sea Scallops in Saffron Sauce, Sirloin steak with Italian herbs, Buttery seafood, Filet mignon, New York Strip Steak, or Lemon-Parsley Tilapia.
Dark Chocolate Desserts, Godiva Chocolate Brownies, Easy No Churn Lemon Ice Cream, or Banana Cream Cheesecake.
Bourbon Cocktails, Lemon juice, White wine, or Red Wine Spritzer.
The best foods to eat with this hearty soup are bread, cheese, baguette, and crackers. This combination will surely produce a fabulous meal. Repeating this pairing over and over might rust your French onion soup dinner. Exploring won’t hurt, and experimenting might add some twist to this classic dish. Let us know your perfect combo of soup for dinner? Which one is your favorite? Click here for more soup recipes that will help you with your meal planning for your next family meal!