Bite-size pepperoni pizza, but healthier? Why don’t we lessen the dough and upgrade a vegetable in a bite? Stuffed bell pepper might be the answer! There are a lot of delicious side dishes that would improve your regular stuffed bell pepper, as much as the variety of options you can stuff it!
Side dishes and stuffings of this hearty meal never end. A Sweet potato fries, Roast baby potatoes, Veggie Fries, or Italian Sausage as an appetizer; and don’t forget to add Avocado, Mushrooms, Green Beans, Garlic Spinach, or Artichoke that would definitely complete your meal!
Stress no more. We’ve got your back with these important tips and top dishes and stuffings that will make your bland appetizer into an extravagant one!
The Best Dish To Eat With Stuffed Bell Peppers
There are many options, depending on your taste and diet preference. Some people like serving rice or pasta alongside their stuffed bell peppers. Others prefer a delicious salad or hearty soup. You can also serve mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, or even creamed spinach if you want something more hearty and filling.
What is Stuffed Bell Peppers?
Stuffed bell peppers are a dish of the Mediterranean region, and they are made by cutting off the tops and bottoms of the bell pepper, removing the seeds and pith, then stuffing them with a mixture of rice and other ingredients.
It is usually made with red, yellow, and green bell peppers or put everything for 6 multi-colored bell peppers. They can be stuffed with different ingredients such as rice, black pepper, pepper flakes, meat, and a choice of cheeses.
The Benefits of Eating Stuffed Bell Peppers
Bell peppers are a very healthy and nutritious vegetable. Here are some benefits:
1. Healthy dose of protein, vitamins, and minerals your body needs for energy and growth.
2. Contain lycopene, an antioxidant that helps protect cells from damage caused by free radicals.
3. Getting a good dose of antioxidants.
4. It is a great source of carbohydrates and fiber.
Prepare and Cook Stuffed Bell Peppers (Easy As 1-2-3!)
Stuffed bell peppers are a delicious dish you can make for dinner, lunch, or even breakfast. They are healthy and easy to prepare.
- Cut the bell pepper into halves and remove the seeds.
- Place the pepper halves on a baking sheet and put them in an oven preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and let them cool off for a few minutes before stuffing them with your favorite ingredients.
- Fill up each half with your favorite ingredients, such as rice, meat, pepper flakes, tomatoes, black pepper, onions, garlic, etc., then seal it with a toothpick or two to keep it closed while cooking in the oven for about 20 more minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until cooked thoroughly.
- Serve hot!
5 Ways To Prepare Stuffed Bell Peppers That’ll Whet Your Appetite
There are many different stuffing ideas for stuffed peppers. You can use rice, couscous, orzo, or pasta. You can also mix up your fillings by using ground beef, sausage, bacon, and onions.
There are many ways to prepare bell peppers that will whet your appetite from Italian-style or Mediterranean-style stuffed peppers, but we’ll share 5 different types you should try on your own.
- Vegan Stuffed Bell Peppers: Stuffing bell peppers with vegan ingredients is not only healthy but also cruelty-free!
- Mediterranean Stuffed Bell Peppers: This dish has a nice blend of savory flavors that will make your taste buds happy.
- Mexican Stuffed Bell Peppers: A perfect dish for those who love spicy food!
- Italian Stuffed Bell Peppers: It’s time for some authentic Italian flavors!
- Classic American Stuffed Bell Peppers: The traditional, classic way of preparing stuffed bell peppers.
Mix and Match Your Multi-Meal Course With Stuffed Bell Peppers
The popular way to serve with stuffed bell peppers is a rice dish. Rice is a fantastic side dish for the stuffed bell peppers. But tease your imagination while experimenting with your flavor profile with this delicious recipe that perfectly complements your stuffed bell peppers!
Sweet Potato Fries, Zucchini, Bread and Yellow Squash, Season potato wedges, Roast baby potatoes, Veggie Fries, Italian Sausage, fresh cornbread muffins, or Ratatouille.
Fresh Tomato Salad with walnut, Red Cabbage Slaw, Celery Salad with Apples, Arugula Beet Salad with lemon juice-based salad dressing, Greek salad, green apple salad with chickpeas, Cucumber, and Avocado Salad, or Arugula Salad with Feta Cheese.
3. Additional Stuffing
Corn Grits, Roasted Veggies, rice in tomato sauce, brown rice, bit of olive oil, bit of salt, Carrots, Black pepper, diced avocado, English cucumber, corn fritters, Mushroom poppers (perfect for mushroom lovers), black beans, raw quinoa (perfect for fan of quinoa), Sauteed spinach, Cauliflower, Mushrooms, Green Beans, Garlic Spinach, or Artichokes.
Expand Your Flavor Profile!
To sum it up, stuffed bell pepper is a crowd favorite because it is versatile, inexpensive, healthy, and delicious! Pick your favorite stuffings and combo in the list above. What is your personal favorite? We can’t wait to hear from you. Let us know, and we hope this will become your go-to amazing recipe for a healthy family meal!